Terms & Conditions
All orders for goods accepted by Hilltop Products ("the Vendor") are accepted subject to the following conditions that shall form part of and govern the contract of sale.
Acceptance of goods shall be deemed to be acceptance of these conditions of sale. Any term sought to be imposed by a purchaser either in a document or otherwise that conflicts with or adds to these conditions is not accepted.
No agent or representative of the vendor has authority to vary these conditions unless accepted in writing by a Director of Hilltop Products.
Please note: All products will be shipped at the price in effect shown on our Web Site on the date of order regardless of what any other price list reflects.
Terms: Orders are shipped with any costs shown where appropriate.
- 1. Payment, Delivery and Price
- a. Payment is to be made via credit or debit card unless otherwise agreed in writing and no goods shall be despatched until payment has been made to the vendor. All credit card companies now require address verification (your credit card billing address) on all mail order transactions. An incorrect billing address will result in a delayed or cancelled order.
- b. The vendor shall despatch goods to the purchaser within 3 days of receipt of payment or shall notify the purchaser if goods are unavailable.
- c. In the event that goods are unavailable the vendor will make immediate refund to the purchaser of monies paid relating to the unavailable goods only. If only part of an order can be supplied the vendor shall be entitled to fulfil that part of the order and retain payment for any or all goods despatched.
- d. Our policy requires 100% prepayment in advance for any orders made from this website. Such payments are not refundable once the merchandise is ordered except as shown in these terms.
- e. In the vast majority of cases, we are able to deliver your items within the timescales specified. Please note, however, that the estimated delivery time is not a guarantee of delivery. All timescales are approximate and should only be used as a guideline for receiving your items.
- f. For orders placed on the weekend or bank holidays, the estimated delivery time should be measured from the next working day.
- g. All estimated delivery times are based on delivery to mainland UK addresses. For delivery to other areas, please contact us for prices. Delivery to the Scottish Highlands may take a short time longer (please contact us for more details).
- 2. Liability
- a. No liability for any claim for damage shall be accepted unless the purchaser notifies the vendor within two days of delivery. This period may be extended at the sole discretion of the vendor where the manufacturer's replacement policy extends the deadline.
- b. No liability for any claim for missing items shall be accepted unless the purchaser notifies the vendor within two days of delivery.
- c. No liability for any claim will be accepted in the case of goods differing in quantity or descriptions from the purchaser given on the order unless the vendor is notified in writing by the purchaser within two days of delivery
- 3. Returned Goods
- a. The vendor reserves the right to charge a restocking fee on goods returned for credit which are not in stock condition and where notification has not been given by the purchaser of any damage to the goods within two days of delivery.
- b. The purchaser shall unless otherwise stated be responsible for the cost of outward and return of all goods returned by the purchaser to the vendor for which goods shall be at the risk of the purchaser until actual receipt of the goods by the vendor. The onus of proof of safe delivery shall rest with the purchaser.
- c. All items claimed to be faulty returned to the vendor by pre-arrangement and found to contain no fault, will be subject to a 25% restocking charge, provided the goods are in original stock condition. Any downward variation of this restocking charge shall be at the sole discretion of the vendor.
- d. The vendor shall give a 7 day return full guarantee to refund to the purchaser full credit for any goods returned in stock condition which shall not affect the rights of the consumer or purchaser under any statutory rights.
- e. No credit shall be allowed for goods until they have been received complete.
- f. A Full Credit will only be given on items returned within seven days from delivery.
- g. If a credit is to be given, the original carriage charge will not be refunded/credited if applicable.
- h. Refused Shipments: Shipments returned marked refused will not result in refund and refusal of a shipment does not relieve the customers liability for paying any charges. This may be a re-delivery cost.
- 4. Consequential Loss
- The extent of the vendor liability to the purchaser for any default or breach whatsoever and howsoever arising shall in no case exceed the invoice value of the goods and the vendor shall in no circumstances whatsoever be liable to the purchaser in respect of any loss or damage whether suffered by the purchaser or any customer of the purchaser and whether direct, indirect, consequential, or howsoever arising.
- 5. Law
- a. If any part of these terms and conditions shall be found to be unlawful it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the conditions.
- b. These terms shall be deemed to have been made in England and shall in all respects be governed by English Law.
- c. In respect of consumer sales only, statutory rights are unaffected by these terms and conditions.
When you require Customer Services please contact us via email at email@example.com
For us to give you customer service quickly please have the following information ready:
- THE NAME IN WHICH THE GOODS WERE PURCHASED
- THE DATE OF PURCHASE
- FULL FAULT DESCRIPTION
We are confident that these procedures will enable us to offer you a better and speedier service. However, if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Terms & Conditions of Sale
The terms and conditions listed are determined by specific consumer legislation and the rights of the purchaser are governed by such consumer legislation.
Terms of Business
EU residents pay the VAT inclusive price (VAT at appropriate rate, currently 20%). Non-EU/exempt pay the exclusive price.
Payment is only accepted by credit/debit card unless otherwise agreed with the vendor.
We do not warrant the suitability of goods for a particular purpose, and purchasers should check specifications, size and suitability before ordering.
Claims for damage and mis-shipping must be made within seven days of receipt.
After this date, and in all other circumstances after 14 days only replacement may be offered at the discretion of the vendor.
The purchaser is responsible for ensuring safe shipping of any returned item.