Please fill in the form below to receive your quotation:
How To Find Us
Text & Number
Text & Number Element
- Product Info
This H420 Range is a direct equivalent of 8420 3M Cold Shrink Series.
Made of EPDM rubber Offering good mechanical, insulation and sealing protection Accommodating a wide range of cable sizes For indoor or outdoor applications.
- Simple and fast installation.
- Accommodates a wide range of cable sizes.
- No torches or heat required.
- Good Thermal stability
- Seals tight, retains its resiliency and pressure even after prolonged years of ageing and exposure.
- Excellent wet electrical properties.
A series of open-ended, tubular rubber sleeves, which are factory expanded and assembled onto a removable core. They are supplied for field installation in this pre-stretched condition. The core is removed after the tube has been positioned for installation over an inline connection, terminal lug, etc.. allowing the tube to shrink and form a waterproof seal. The insulating tube is made of EPDM rubber, which contains no chlorides or sulphurs.
- Primary electrical insulation for all solid dielectric (rubber and plastic) insulated wire and cable splices rated to 1000 volts
- Suitable for direct burial or submersion
- For indoor, outdoor, or overhead use
- Physical protection and moisture sealing for high-voltage, air-insulated connectors and lugs such as spacer cable and lug connections to bus bar
- Insulation of secondary splices copper or aluminium conductors
- Relocation of service
- Dig-in repairs
- Sheath repairs
- Insulation of inline conductor transition connectors
Property Test Method Standard Value 300% Modulus ASTM D-412-75 4.2MPa Ultimate Temsile ASTM D-412-75 10.05MPa Ultimate Elongation ASTM D-412-75 600% Tear Strength ASTM D-624C-73 28.3KN/m Fungus Resistance ASTM G-21 28 days exposure No Growth Moisture Absorption 7 days@ 90°C in H20 3.0% wt. Gain