- Product Info
Our self-amalgamating halogen-free tape maintains a tight insulation buildup for void-free electrical stability and permanent resistance to moisture penetration.
- Suitable for joining and repair of a wide range of power and distribution cables up to 36kV
- UV and Ozone resistant
- Easy to apply without using external heat
- Clean removal from most substrates
- Excellent moisture protection
- Operating Temperature -40°C up to +90°C
What is self Amalgamating Tape?
Quite simply and as the name suggests, self-amalgamating tape is a tape that is adhesive to itself but not directly adhesive to other substrates. This ensures a strong bond, but with easy removal & minimal material left behind.
This has made self amalgamating tape the ultimate repair tape, offering a strong water tight seal which can be replied extremely efficiently. But then easily removed for a permanent repair.
Uses of Self Amalgamating Tape
- Leaking Pipes
- Leaking Joints
- Damaged Cable Emergency Repair
- Strengthening of Cable
- Waterproofing of Cable
Self Amalgamating tape is used extensively in aviation and aerospace wiring applications due to its zero halogen characteristics.