- Product Info
Highly flame-retardant, low recovery temperature, heat-shrinkable tubing. Supplied Air Blown and Sealed!
Versafit heat shrinkable tubing is a cost-effective choice for many commercial and military applications. Versafit tubing is made from a specially formulated, crosslinked polyolefin to provide high flame-retardance (VW-1), excellent flexibility , and a low shrink temperature (to reduce installation time).
Versafit tubing performs a variety of functions in commercial and military applications:
- Electrically insulates and protects in-line components, disconnect terminals and splices.
- Bundles wires for very flexible light-duty harnesses.
- Identifies or color-codes wires, cables, terminals and components. Versafit hot-stamps extremely well.
Compared to noncrosslinked materials, Versafit tubing has a higher temperature rating and exhibits better thermal stability and resistance to physical abuse.
Unlike other typical flame-retardant tubings, Versafit tubing is free of polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs) and polybrominated biphenyl oxides and ethers (PBBOs/PBBEs). In Europe, these chemicals are classified as environmentally hazardous substances.
See our spec sheet for further information.
- Electrically insulates and protects in-line components, disconnect terminals and splices
- Bundles wires for very flexible light-duty harnesses
- Identifies or colour-codes wires, cables, terminals and components
- Versafit tubing hot stamps really well
- Full recover temperature: 90'C
- Continuous operating temperature: -55'C to 135'C