- Product Info
The dimensions of the tube are designed to obtain the most efficient electrical conductivity and mechanical strength to resist vibraton and pull out. In applications subject to vibration, lugs still have to provide a reliable connection and annealing plays a vital role in avoiding cracking or breaks between the barrel and palm.
With everything from the tiniest 1.5mm2 to 400mm2 Copper Tube terminals, Hilltop’s wide range and massive stocks are sure to meet your needs. In addition to the products listed on this page we are happy to discuss special copper terminals and your packaging requirements.
- All copper tube terminals have bell mouth entry for ease of cable insertion.
- All terminals have inspection holes to check cable is properly inserted before crimping.
- Copper tube splices, four hole transformer fixing, long palm, right angle, blank terminals, copper pins, dissimilar copper splices and flag terminals also available on request.
- Sizes above 400mm2 available on request.
- Other Stud sizes available on request.
- High conductivity copper to BS 2871.
- Purity: > 99.9%
- Coating: Bright electro-tin plating to BS 1872.
- Entry: Bell-mouth easy entry
- Barrels: Internal Barrel diameters suit standard cables as defined in BS 6360.
The presence of an inspection hole facilitates full insertion of the conductor, whilst the barrel length has been designed to allow easy and accurate positioning of the dies during the crimping operation. Lugs are electrolytically timplated to avoid oxidation.
In applications subject to vibration, lugs still have to provide a reliable connection and annealing plays a vital role in avoiding cracking or breaks between the barrel and palm.
Specification: Material High conductivity copper to BS 2871. Purity > 99.9% Coating Bright electro-tin plating to BS 1872 Entry Bell-mouth easy entry Barrels Internal Barrel diameters suit
standard cables as defined in BS 6360.
Sizes 1.5mm², Stud 4mm - 400mm², Stud 20mm