Introducing: cold shrink, the fast and easy alternative to heat shrink tubing that anybody can use. With no need for heat guns and other tools, you don’t need to be a professional to use it. But just because it’s easy doesn’t mean it won’t get you results.
So how does it work? How does it shrink without the application of heat? The answer is simple: it’s always trying to shrink. These tubes of EPDM rubber are factory expanded and assembled on a removable core which holds them at their expanded size. All you have to do is position your length of tubing where you’d like it to be applied and then remove the plastic core. Next, the cold shrink tubing will do what it’s made to do: shrink to its smallest possible size and form a secure and waterproof seal around wires, connections or terminals.
You don’t need flames, gas or “hot-work” permits, all you need is a cold shrink tubing provider that can provide the length of tubing you need for a price you can afford.
Hilltop Products now offers cold shrink tubes and cold shrink end caps at affordable prices and next day delivery is also available so you can get the products you need just as soon as you need them.
Cold Shrink Tubes:
- Made of EPDM rubber Offering good mechanical, insulation and sealing protection.
- Accommodate a wide range of cable sizes for indoor or outdoor applications.
- Open-ended, tubular rubber sleeves, which are factory expanded and assembled onto a removable core.
- Supplied for field installation in this pre-stretched condition.
- The core is removed after the tube has been positioned for installation over an inline connection, terminal lug, allowing the tube to shrink and form a waterproof seal.
- Made from EPDM rubber, which contains no chlorides or sulphurs.
Cold Shrink End Caps:
- Made from EPDM rubber Simple and fast installation meeting a variety of configuration requirements.
- Provide sealing protection over multi-core cable ends.
- Used to seal cable ends during installation or storage, protecting cable ends against moisture, contamination and corrosion.
- When positioned over the end of a cable, or other cylindrical object, the core is removed to provide a reliable environmental seal.
- Four different end caps are available to accommodate a wide range of sizes.