Career Opportunities with Hilltop Products Ltd
Our aim is to continue to be the leading cable management supplier in the UK. We will continue to innovate to meet the industry’s changing demands, whilst providing the best customer service in the industry - an aim that can be achieved with highly skilled, trained and motivated people.
Purchasing / Procurement Manager
Hilltop Products is an expanding and forward thinking ambitious company who are well established and well known within the cable, wiring accessories and electrical insulation industries both in the UK and Europe. We also sell via highly successful ecommerce sites
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within the business for an experienced Purchasing / Procurement Manager to be responsible for developing and maintaining the company supply chain and to work proactively to deliver cost efficiency without compromising on quality. You will lead and encourage the small purchasing team within the company
- Excellent communication, negotiation and decision making skills
- Ability to influence and engage with key suppliers
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- IT literate
- Hands on capability with a strong and determined work ethic
- Very organised and professional
- A strong character who can put their own stamp on a newly created role
- Ability to cope with demanding deadlines and a complex and varied workload
- Ability to deal with a variety of people including suppliers, directors and team members
- A proven aptitude in decision making and working with numbers
The main elements in this role include overseeing all buying procedures, negotiating favourable terms, sourcing and negotiating competitive prices on materials.
- Identifying potential suppliers and new products
- Negotiating lead times, terms and prices
- Provide support in other areas of the business eg resolving supplier invoice queries therefore minimising delay in payment / cash flow
- Contribute to the development of improved processes and procedures
- Managing forecast levels of demand for products
- Ensure accuracy in the recording of stock
- Stringent material control is required to assure company targets are met (spend, usage, scrap, inventory levels)
Skills and Attributes Required
- You will actively contribute to enhancing company profits through achieving best value and recognise the art of rapport building with suppliers
- You need to be methodical and calm and have the ability to work through issues in an efficient and effective manner
- You will be of the mind set to always seize opportunities to add value or delivery cost savings in line with company standards
- Computer literate with a good level of Excel and Word
- Excellent telephone manner
A personable team leader with extreme organisational and communication skills, flexibility and bags of common sense are what we are looking for.
Hours of work at 9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am – 4pm Friday.
Free car parking
Company pension after a qualifying period
If you think you are the right person for this vacancy then don’t delay apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Procurement: 1 year