- Product Info
Red oxide silicone coated glass sleeving possesses outstanding characteristics making it ideal for protecting hose assemblies, cables and wires from high heat sources and occasional flame.
Red oxide silicone coated glass sleeving (Industrial Grade) is manufactured from 'E' glass fibre yarn knitted to form a sleeve and coated with high grade iron oxide silicone elastomer rubber.
- High flexibility
- Continuous protection at an operating temperature of 260°C
- Ability to withstand a molten metal splash at 1,200°C
- Highly resistant to most oils, hydraulic fluids, fluels, acids and alkalis
- When exposed to flame the high grade rubber will form a protective SiO2 layer
- Health & Safety - Provides personnel with protection against burns from hot hoses, steam lines etc..
- Helps reduce energy loss by retaining heat within pipework
- Excellent flame resistance
- Goods abraison resistance
Also available in Aerospace Grade
Red oxide silicone coated glass sleeving (Aerospace Grade) has similar general characteristic but is manufactured from 'E' glass fibre yarn Braided to form a sleeve and coated with high grade iron oxide silicone elastomer rubber.
The braided version allows qualified hose assemblies to pass AS1055D testing under stated flow and pressure conditions.