- Product Info
Braided Nomex Yarn
Used for a wide range of applications such as military and aerospace wiring and harnessing applications. Low smoke, low toxicity and halogen free.
Nomex braided sleeving is manufactured by braiding Nomex yarn to produce a thick walled highly expandable structure. The ready "concertina" action of the sleeve will expand the bore and thus assisting fitting over complex shapes.
- Insulates cables and hoses against temperatures up to 350°C, helping them endure the brutal conditions of military, aviation, fire rescue, and other applications that require superior flame resistance.
- 90,000 psi tensile strength for unparalleled defence against damage from stretching, pulling and other forms of stress.
- Resists oils, acids, chemicals, and solvents, adding extra protection against common destructive elements.
- Dense weave makes for a soft, pliable feel that is easy to handle, unlike other braided sleevings that can be rough and difficult to bend in to place.
Nomex braided sleeving is light weight, flexible and non-flammable. It will perform without deterioration in the most diverse and demanding environments.
Nomex braided sleeving is oil and water repellent and also offers excellent resistance to gamma and x-rays.
It is designed for the protection of wires and cable bundles against flame, high temperatures and mechanical abrasion. It is used on a variety of applications in the military, railway, marine, aeronautical and electrical equipment industries.
- 1:3 expansion ratio
- Thin wall
- Halogen Free
- Excellent abrasion protection
- Low temperature flexibility -60°C
- Operating temperature -60°C to +245°C
For further information, please see the Spec Sheet in the "Downloads" tab.
1:3 expansion ratio
Excellent abrasion protection
Low temperature flexibility -60°C
Operating temperature -60°C to +245°C